dinsdag 5 juni 2012

Day 1- Destination: Netherlands



Hello! Rachelle here. This blog will be home to a recap of our trip with USA Athletes International to the Netherlands. Here, we have been presented with the chance to TRAVEL. COMPETE. EXPERIENCE with a group of women and men collegiate volleyball athletes from the United States. Prior to the traveling day, we had never met any of these athletes, except through roster listing and/or Facebook.

The crazy thing about this trip is that Genevieve just  returned from her semester abroad in Spain on the 25th of May. Meanwhile, I joined the Women's track team at Bradley to stay active and competitive before graduation. And now, she's back overseas trying to readjust to jetlag...but this time, with me!  

Now that we are both Bradley grads, I hope I can consider myself a "world class traveler" like my sister does once this trip has concluded. Genevieve has  been places all over the map that I cannot even locate. :-P

Anyway, I never thought that an abroad experience would be in my future post-graduation, not to mention a new endeavor including competitive volleyball. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to travel, and of course compete at the international level. One we could not pass up, and we are glad to have so much support on this journey!

Will check in soon! - I think you will be
hearing from my sister next! ~ Rachelle 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten